Zucchini Casserole is a favorite among Southern women who love to whip up casseroles and often end up in various combinations in greased baking dishes.
Southern Zucchini Casserole is one of the tastiest ways to prepare zucchini — or any other summer squash for that matter. The Bisquick gives it a more solid consistency than some squash casseroles, which can be a bit mushy — especially if you’re using frozen and thawed squash or zucchini.
- Grate the zucchini in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with the Bisquick.
- Mix oil, eggs, cheese, onions, and seasonings in a smaller bowl. Stir. Pour this in the larger bowl with the zucchini mixture. Stir it all together.
- Grease or spray Pam in a baking dish. You can use a 9 x 9 or a 9 x 11 dish or something close. Cooking times vary depending on the size of the dish and how thick or thin the batter is spread.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. The casserole should be golden brown in color when ready.
- Southern Zucchini Casserole can serve as the main dish, or it's good served with baked chicken.