Tex-Mex pizzas are easy to make and can be customized to suit every taste. These appetizers are built on canned biscuits with a bean dip base.
For a fun family supper, slumber party treat or as an appetizer for a relaxed party, Tex-Mex mini pizzas are both easy to make and tasty.
Here is the basic family dinner recipe. You can easily double of triple the recipe for larger groups.
- Use a rolling pin, side of a glass or even hands to mash biscuit dough flat to about 5 inches around. You can do this right on the baking sheet which is ungreased.
- Spread a layer of bean dip on top of biscuit dough and then spread on a layer of salsa. This is basically your "sauce."
- Add favorite pizza toppings. These can be Tex-Mex inspired like chopped avocados and black olives or fresh vegetables like tomatoes and onions or classic pizza toppings like pepperoni.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top of the pizzas are they are topped out to suit various preferences.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned and cheese is melted.