My two boys can eat a whole pan of Taco Chip Casserole. It’s kind of like lasagna but easier and quicker to make. I can toss this together after work and serve it with a salad in about a half hour.
- Brown the meat and drain off the grease. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, and taco season mix. Stir well.
- Spray Pam in the bottom of a casserole dish. You need something like 9x9 or 9x11 for this dish but can adjust amounts for most any size dish.
- Put a layer of chips in the bottom of the dish. Just a thin layer. Perhaps one cup of chips though it's hard to measure chips.
- Spoon about half the meat mixture over the chips. Top with the cheddar cheese. Spread the rest of the meat on top of the cheese. Add another layer of chips — enough to cover the meat but not real thick. Overlap the provolone cheese over the chips. Try to cover them pretty good as the chips tend to want to brown faster than the cheese melts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted but not burned.