Tired of the same old holiday cookies? Try our Southern Cranberry Cookies.
Cranberry cookies are tasty and go over great with guests. The little specks of red make them cute cookies — perfect for the holidays or just add some color to your day
If you thought cranberries were just for serving on the side at a holiday meal, then you’re missing out. Cranberries are yummy and healthy to boot.
Here is a wonderful cranberry recipe to get you started cooking with cranberries.
- butter - 1/2 stick (margarine OK)
- sugar - 1 cup
- brown sugar - 3/4 cup, tightly packed
- egg - 1
- orange juice - 2 TBS
- milk - 1/4 cup
- flour - 3 cups, all purpose
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- chopped nuts - 1 cup (pecans are esp good)
- cranberries - 2 1/2 cups, coarsely chopped
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Beat in egg, orange juice, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in nuts and cranberries with a spoon.
- Grease a cookie sheet and bake by batches for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Keep in airtight container.