Pumpkins aren’t just for pies and for making jack-o-lanterns. There are lots of tasty ways to serve up this fall vegetable.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Saute onions and celery in the melted butter.
- Add chicken broth, pumpkin, catsup, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
- When all the ingredients are well mixed, stir in the milk. Again, be sure to mix well.
- Heat but do not bring to a boil. It's ready to serve when it's good and hot.
- If you have a fresh pumpkin, then try making your own pumpkin puree for this recipe. And, be sure to save the seeds and make some roasted pumpkin seeds.