This year I made a pumpkin cake, and it turned out great. It looks kind of like carrot cake but with a richer orange color. When I sent some of the cake home with one of Eli’s friends, his mom sent word back that she’d love to have the recipe. I wrote it up to send over, and I wanted to share this very easy and very yummy recipe that will look and taste like you worked really hard when it really only takes about 10 minutes to mix up.
- Mix together sugar, oil and eggs.
- Then beat in the following: pumpkin, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
- Finally, beat in flour
- Hand stir in 1 cup of raisins (I use a little more) and 1 cup of nuts if you like. These don't have to be added, but the cake is really good when you add them. It also gives some contrast to the color.
- Cook in a greased pound cake pan at 350 for 1 hour and 25 minutes. A bundt pan also makes a pretty presentation.
- I grease the pan and then put some wax paper in the bottom pressed against the grease to make sure it comes out without sticking to the top of the pan.
- It would probably be really good with a cream cheese icing, but I've not tried that.