Mexican Chicken Pie is one of our family favorites. It can be mild or spicy depending on what your family prefers.
- Mix up the cornmeal, flour and baking powder. Mix up water, egg and 1 cup of cheese and put in the dry mix and stir (remember to save 1 cup of the cheese). Put about ¾ of this mix in the bottom of the pie pan greased up with butter or Crisco to keep the crust from sticking.
- Now, stir up the chicken and salsa and ½ of the cheese (with one cup of cheese still left). Put that chicken mix on top of the cornmeal crust mix and spread out even (but don't mash down hard).
- The cornmeal mix you have left over (1/4) . . . pour that in the center of the chicken mix.
- Bake this at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. The top should be browned nicely.
- Put that last ½ cup of cheese on top of the pie and sprinkle the olives over. Then stick in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese melts.