Lit’l Smokies by Hillshire Farms are yummy and easy to cook up in many different variations. If you want a quick appetizer, then you can’t go wrong with Little Smokies.
- Roll the biscuits out flatter. You can do this with a rolling pen or just mash them out flat with your hand. You want them large enough to cover a Lit'l Smokie cut in half. This will be thinner with the store brand biscuits and thicker with the premium biscuits. Both work fine. I lean to the less expensive store brands on this one.
- Cut the Little Smokies in half long-wise. And, then place those in the middle of the rolled out biscuits.
- Top the Smokies with the barbecue sauce and cheese. Don't overdo it. It doesn't take much to add a bit of flavor.
- Roll the mashed biscuits up around the Little Smokies and seal off by mashing the edges tight.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for around 15 minutes. Times can vary depending on the oven. When the bread is done (nicely browned), the Lit'l Smokies are ready.