One of our favorite zucchini recipes is Fried Zucchini Pancakes. They can also be made with any summer squash. Summer squash as the thinned skinned squash. An example would be yellow crock neck squash. By contrast, a winter squash has a thick skin like a pumpkin and won’t work for this recipe.
- Tear up the bread (heels are fine too).
- Add Italian seasoning and seasoned salt.
- Beat up eggs and add.
- Mix in mayonnaise. Sprinkle and stir in Old Bay.
- Mix in zucchini.
- Put oil in a frying pan and heat to around 325 (which a medium hot heat). Pour in about 1/4 cup of mixture. This will look kind of like potato pancakes. Flip over when sides are good and bubbly. Serve and enjoy.
- If you have loads of squash, then you can freeze baggies with 2 cups for this recipe and make the treat later when the squash is finished up.
- The hand graters are really labor intensive. I experimented around and found that the Tupperware chopper machine works great on squash.