Fresh corn is delicious and easy to prepare. Boil it, grill it or try this yummy fresh skillet corn recipe.
- Husk corn and clean off the silks.
- Get a big bowl. Use a sharp knife, and cut corn from the cob into the bowl. You'll want to cut about half way deep into the corn. Then, turn the knife over to the non-cutting side and rub up and down the cob to get the rest of the pulp.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Pour in corn. Add enough water to make a gravy consistency. The amount of water you will need varies depending on the type of corn so slowly add water.
- Add the seasonings — sugar, salt, pepper.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes. Stir during this part of the recipe.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with lid. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally — about every 5 minutes.