This puffy baked pancake is a great weekend breakfast. In the winter, I serve it with lemon wedges or sauteed apple slices. In the summer, I pop it in the oven and wander out to my garden while it is baking to pick strawberries for a garnish (slice berries and mix with sour cream & brown sugar for a heavenly taste combination).
- Put butter in a 13X9 baking dish and place in a 425 degree oven to melt.
- While the butter is melting, put the eggs in a blender and blend on high for one minute.
- Gradually add milk and flour, a bit at a time. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour batter into the hot melted butter.
- Return to oven and bake until puffy and golden brown (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately with fresh fruit or syrup.