- In dry 2-quart pan, heat curry powder over medium heat until fragrant. Add olive oil and almonds; shake over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat slightly, add onion and garlic; cook until translucent.
- Add rice to pan and stir until evenly coated with oil.
- Stir in chicken broth and currents and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in orange zest and cover pan.
- If there is residual moisture in the pan, turn heat to very low. If the rice has absorbed all moisture, turn burner off, cover pan and allow rice to rest until main course is done.